- The CDL School is a full Service Truck Driving School.
- Full Service means: If it involves a commercial motor vehicle, we have a solution!
- Our programs range in length from a few hours to pass the exam requirements to several weeks to obtain employment.
- Exam preparation courses are called CDL License Training courses – or “CLT Programs” for short.
- Employment courses, are referred to as “certificate/diploma programs”, as they lead to a Diploma (certificate) of completion and employment.
Program Type Objectives
|CDL License Training (CLT) Programs||Certificate & Diploma Training Programs|
|CDL A, B, BP, C license||CDL Class A or B, BPS, C license|
|NO Certificate of Completion||Diploma of Licensed Educational Program|
|Local Job Search – using our job bank and your own contacts||Guaranteed offers of employment at the beginning of the program|
|Fixed Pay (hourly & weekly)||Performance Income – hard work rewarded|
|Competition for jobs with experienced drivers||Extensive Career Options|
|Varying benefits||Complete Benefit Schedule|
|Local Employers||Publicly Recognized Employers|
|Sometimes difficult to obtain the required experience even with the correct license||Skills & Experience always in demand|
Which Program type is right for you?
A CLT Course may be right for you, IF:
- You have some prior familiarity or experience with commercial vehicles.
- You cannot qualify for an interstate driving position of employment or be accepted into our certified program.
- You are unable to leave your local area.
- You prefer hourly, or base weekly pay.
- You are able to search for job opportunities in the local market.
- You have a job already arranged for you.
A Diploma Course may be right for you, IF:
- You have no experience and want advanced training to be safe & employed.
- You wish to travel and see the US.
- You wish to be in control of your own income.
- You wish to have long term job security.
- You wish to have a career and not just a job.
- You need guaranteed benefits for your family, and need to be hired by a major carrier right out of school.